Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Podcasts

1. Find a podcast that interests you: My favorite podcast is the This American Life podcast from National Public Radio. Next to This American Life, the best podcast there is, would have to be, The New Yorker's Fiction podcast. I also really enjoy Motion Traxx podcast which is upbeat music for working out!

For this excercise, I listened to The New Yorker's Fiction podcast. The episode I listened to was called Salvatore Scibona reads Denis Johnson's "Two Men." Denis Johnson is not an author I am used to, but listening to this has made me want to become more familiar with his work. Generally, I find listening to the podcasts from The New Yorker and This American Life especially completely and utterly engaging and relaxing at the same time. This was no exception.

2. Can you add the RSS feed for the podcast to your iTunes or Google Reader account?
I was able to add the RSS feed for This American Life to my Google Reader account fairly quickly which I was very proud of considering it had been a while, since I'd even looked at my google reader account.


3. Are you new to podcasts, or are you a regular listener?

I wouldn't call myself a regular listener. But I'm definitely not new to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment