Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Multimedia



# What did you like or dislike about YouTube?
I like that you can easily find videos that are related to the current video you're watching because sometimes you wouldn't normally find those videos in a search. So that's very handy. I don't like that the site can sometimes be hard to navigate. At one point I was trying to find an embed link for the video but I didn't realize I was on someone's profile page and not on the video page. So that was a little confusing. But I eventually figured it out.


# Could you find any video created by academic libraries?

I was already aware of the Old Spice parody that BYU did, so I've seen that one on youtube. But I also found, a whole series called "The Library Minute" that are put out by Arizona State University. They're fun an informative. Here's an example:


# Why did you choose the video that you selected for your blog?
I chose the first video for my blog because I thought it was unique. It's an advertisement for a book series, that has not yet been adapted to television or the big screen. This person took video, images, and sound, from unrelated media such as tv and movies, and made an advertisement for the popular book series, The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, which is a series, that we hold in our library at Germanna.

# Can you see any features or components of the site that might be interesting if they were applied to library websites?
I really liked those ASU videos. They're short, fun, informative, and would hold students attention. If our library were to get a YouTube account, and make video tutorials such as the ASU tutorials, I think that would be very beneficial to our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment