Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Audiobooks

* What did you think of Farrell's article?
The article was very informative about the types of files that are the most user-friendly. It made me realize, that the VCCS is very lucky to to have Overdrive, because when looking at the side-by-side comparison, it seems best choice for audiobooks. At least in my opinion.

* Did you try an online audiobook provider other than Overdrive? Which one?
I actually tried Project Gutenberg because I've directed students there on numerous occasions and because I've already used OverDrive for audiobooks and movies in the past. Project Gutenberg audio books are all public domain works and they are recorded by volunteers.

* Do you know of any audiobook questions or feedback from users at your college?
The only feedback that I can really speak about is that when students find out that they can download audiobooks for free using overdrive, they are always very excited. I actually haven't had any students come back and report their experiences, so I don't have any feedback from students who have actually used the database.

No comments:

Post a Comment